Wednesday, April 11, 2012

THE ALTERED ALICE BLOG - CHAPTER 14 CHALLENGE - SPLENDIDLY DRESSED

HAPPY APRIL TO YOU!  
TIME SEEMS TO JUST...WELL...FLY LATELY.
Outside, on my front lawn, in the rock garden, things are really starting to bloom.  Crocuses are sprouting up in all their splendour.

The Altered Alice blog has a challenge that fits right into the theme of splendour. 
The blog's theme is all things Alice in Wonderland and this month's challenge is called... SPLENDIDLY DRESSED.
The blog is fun and quirky and lovely and yes..splendid.
HERE IS THE LINK TO THE BLOG AND THE CHALLENGE:
http://alteredalice.blogspot.ca/2012/04/week-1-chapter-14-challenge-splendidly.html

Here is my entry for the challenge:

THE PERFECT HAT FOR ALICE

One day, Alice looked in the mirror and sighed.  It was a sigh so long and loud that the butterflies came to investigate. 
"Always the same", said Alice, sighing once again.
"What is the matter?", asked the blue and purple and pink dotted butterfly. 
"I always look the same", Alice said sadly.
The butterfly looked at her, fluttered her wings,
and excitedly cried  "Come with me my dear child, and
we will soon fix that!"
Off Alice went, following the butterfly as it flit here
and there.  In time, they came to a shop
owned by Goldilocks.

Here is what happened next...

original artwork Karen C. Goulet copyright 2012

Alice tried on hats until she found the one that did not
make her look "the same" anymore.
It was "just right".  In fact, it was "PERFECT". 
Alice skipped off with her new butterfly friend to show off
her new hat.  No more sighs for her.

I used my original artwork to create this piece.
The sketch of Alice was made using  Faber-Castell Pit Artist pens.
These are pigmented India ink
pens that have various nib sizes (fine medium and brush). 
I made the hats and the flower using paper from Tim Holtz's Paper Stashes
Lost and Found and Vintage Shabby. The background paper was from a
Tim Holtz Paper Stash called Retro Grunge.

I hope you enjoyed visiting my  blog.
and that you will return again very soon.
I would love it if you would leave a comment.
(see comment bar at bottom of this blog)

Thank you!

Karen































8 comments:

  1. This is very very cool, love the hats and of course Alice, she is splendid ....great work fellow friend and artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan for the great comment. It made me smile.
      Karen :)

      Delete
  2. Oh Karen...I love your Alice and her selection of hats! How clever! When I saw the tags....I had a flashback memory of Minnie Pearl. Please don't ask who Minnie Pearl is....lol. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know who Minni Pearl is...She leaves her tags on her hats...LOL. Thank you for the nice comment. Karen :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for playing along with The Altered Alice! Such a clever piece. Be sure to stop by the blog later today for a little surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Lynne. I am so happy that you showed my work on the blog! I am looking forward to seeing more of the challenges and creations. Karen :)
      The Altered Alice Blog rocks!

      Delete
  4. the Blue card...all occasion or the Brown Bird cage cards are my favorite
    love you Karen!!!
    xxoo
    **milu**

    ReplyDelete