Monday, April 2, 2012

AUTHENTIQUE PAPER MARCH SKETCH CHALLENGE -CARD #1 OF 2

EVERY MONTH AUTHENTIQUE PAPER  has a sketch challenge.
Here is the link for the sketch challenge for March.

http://blog.authentiquepaper.com/2012/03/march-sketch-challenge.html

You must make a separate project for each entry into the challenge.
I decided to make TWO CARDS FOR THIS CHALLENGE.  

CARD # 1 OF 2

The paper was mounted on a  5 1/2  X  4   inch blank white card.

FRONT OF THE CARD



I used the sketch to create the design of the card.
All of the paper on the card is from Authentique Paper's Free Bird Series (Delight)
 in a 6X6 inch pad format.
I added some miscellaneous bling and ribbon from my stash to
make the design true to the sketch.

As a mixed media artist, I like to purchase the 6 X6 inch  pads for cardmaking purposes.
Some 6X6 pads from different companies are packaged as single-sided smooth cardstock.
However, The Authentique 6 X 6 inch pad from the Free Bird series has the
same high quality, heavy cardstock and the paper is double-sided and textured just like
the  12 X 12 inch paper in the same series. 
It makes my cards look and feel professional. 
. 

BACK OF CARD



I like to back my cards with a coordinating paper.
I feel that it makes the card look richer and more "finished'.
I inked the edges of the card with Tim Holtz distress ink in Tattered Rose colour.

Thank you for your visit to my blog!
I enjoy receiving comments.

Karen

 








No comments:

Post a Comment